Local organizations seeking new and gently used donations to help keep them out of the landfill
DONATIONS: Your fond memory may be someone else’s new luxury! Please consider donating your gently used items before placing them in the dumpster.
- 211.org: partner organizations taking clean, functional, and gently used clothing, hygiene items, warm and waterproof adult items for outdoor sleeping around metro area
- Albertina Kerr: New mattresses, bedding, and linens; gently used, functional, and clean furniture, small appliances, wheelchairs, bikes, scooters, skateboards, helmets, and weighted vests & sensory toys
- Cat Adoption Thrift Store: Housewares, art, books, collectibles, fine china, housewares, and more
- Community Warehouse: clean, functional, and gently used furniture, linens, small appliances, kitchen items, and more.
- IRCO (Immigrant & Refugee Community Organization): See “ongoing supply needs list”. Clean, functional, gently used and new furniture, kitchen items, queen & twin linens & blankets, clothing, hygiene items, cleaning supplies, baby items, and more..
- Neighborhood House: clean, functional, gently used and new clothing, hygiene items, cleaning supplies, food, cars, and more.
- Oregon Humane Society: Most brand new or gently used pet items, such as new and open pet food (in original packaging only), leashes and collars, bowls, toys, clean litter boxes, and more.
- Positive Charge! PDX Compassion Through Literature libraries: Metro-wide list of these little free diverse community libraries invite and provide diverse books, specifically. Diverse books can be written by authors and/or with characters that represent people of different ages, races, religions, physical and mental diversabilities, gender identities and family structures, financial statuses, cultures, traditions, countries of origin, and more.
- Portland Adventist Community Services: clean, functional, gently used and new clothing, linens, furniture, small appliances, electronics, musical instruments, and more.
- Rose Haven: Seasonally appropriate, clean, and gently used clothing, outerwear, and gear; pet supplies; pots, pans, plates, cutlery; batteries; personal hygiene.
- Share: (Vancouver) non-perishable as well as fresh food, outdoor supplies, personal hygiene items, household items, seasonal clothing.
- The Giving Closet: Urgent and seasonal items listed on their website.
- Union Gospel Mission: clean, functional, gently used, and re-sellable furniture, appliances, clothing, and more. They can pick up your items for free.